Sunday, October 21, 2007

Adventures In LA


Hey Everyone! So...my new roomy and I have decided that I need to be a little more up-to-date with my technology skills, therefore Jen has helped me create this blog page. I think it will be much easier to update the masses on my last 10 months here in LA since I am so bad at emailing everyone updates.

Jen and I decided to be adventurous this weekend and experience LA to the fullest. Last night we went out to a club called Sugar in West Hollywood. Well, there was a lot-a Sugar Daddies and Little Women out. We soon discovered that our idea of nice dressing (think Seattle style; jeans and and a 'cute' top) is not the same as the standard here in LA. We looked like Eskimos, covered from head to toe, compared to all the ladies in their painted on-skin-tight mini skirts with barely there tops, and stilettos. In addition we discovered that we the only 'naturally enhanced' girls. Most of the gals had huge cha cha's and proudly displayed them for all to see. This is the land of plastic for sure. Needless to say, I have had my fill of night life for while now. I have learned that I much prefer happy hour where I can have cheap drinks and be home by 9:00 Pm!

Today we decided we needed some higher class culture so we made a trip to the Getty Center for an afternoon of studying. For those not familiar with the Getty Center its an art museum here in LA, built on the top of the Santa Monica hills with great views of the water on a sunny day. It was a beautiful day out, sunny-75 degrees, we actually were able to see the water from the top of the hill. It was a nice change of pace for studying today.

Okay, I am hoping that you all are a bit better at this blogging than I am and will help sustain this blogging for me...so, respond, set up your own blogg etc!

5 comments:

RLO70 said...

Hi Sonny,
I know nothing about 'blogging', but assume you'll be able to read this response. Your rommie's really cute...maybe she'd like to come to Vegas to show me how to set up my own blog?? Yeah...right!

Living in Vegas I just can't envision the scene you mention from your night club excursion...once again "Yeah...right!!" I suppose there are a few pairs of natural 'cha cha's' in Vegas...but how do you know without getting slapped??

I haven't done the nightclub scene at all....besides looking like an 'eskimo'....I'd also qualify for 'fossil' age!

Take care....be in touch....let's bake some cookies!
ron O in LV

kleebear said...

well hello sunny bunny!!! very nice blog page, i seem to remember when u made fun of me for having a myspace page>>>:) Oh yeah thats a even nicer BACKPACK I SEE THERE!!!!

kleebear said...

dear rlo70: My sisters name is SUNNY not SONNY.

Unknown said...

Hi darlin' daughter
I'm glad Jack-o is getting better, good thing his 'mommy' is a nurse! Dogs love you even when you have bad breath, and you can wake them up anytime & they don't grouch at you. Texas is beautiful right now, lots of leaves showing color and temps in the 60's; who says we don't have seasons here? And, no smog in our part of the world. Love, blessings, Mom

Breea said...

Sun, very nice picture!! I got to go to an organ harvest the other day, it was awesome!!! I sent you some pics of my cmas tree!!